Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hello, Everyone,

I've been quiet for a few days, a quiet contemplation, a place that I go to look at my choices, to make decisions, to watch myself make a choice and wonder why I am making that choice, some people call it "living in my head" as I write this I am brought back to the reality of "living in my head" was exactly what I have been doing. My exercise has taken a vacation for about the last week, my food choices although still good, perhaps not the best for my body. But never the less, I keep moving forward, and losing weight, no matter how small, no matter what the number, I am happy to be that much less than I was 8 months ago.

Last week when I weighed in and sat through the meeting, someone asked with a few short minutes left in the meeting "why is it so hard?" These words resonated with me, but not as why is it so hard, more like why is it such a challenge? Answering her question in a mere few minutes was not possible, at least not for me, but if you will allow me to take this moment and answer this question now, I will share my thoughts on this matter. Life is the challenge, it is the joy, it is the pain, it is the laughter. Life is what takes us from point A to point B, without it, there is nothing. To face the challenge, to face the life, is what lights the fire, and what allows us to grow. With out the challenge, whatever it maybe, wether it's weight loss, or seperation or overcoming whatever you are facing, there is no growth, the soul sits still, goes stagnant, life begins to pass us by and we sit and wonder why. So is it hard, no, is it a challenge yes. A beautiful challenge.

So in this week as I sit, and sit and fight the walk, and fight the "healthy food" I have a new awareness being born inside of my soul, this time, it's not a forever break, it's a moment in time, and in the next moment my motivation will return, and the goal will be accomplished.

There is an ebb and a flow to everything, a cycle, sometimes the concentration is on work, sometimes on play, sometimes on bills, sometime on our to do lists.... I could go on, but you get the point. Step by step I am realizing and learning how to fit it in to my challenge, my goals.


60lbs down!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

Love and Blessings,

Thank you for sharing this moment with me.

Mary

1 comment: